Selden Aluminum Bowsprit
- Gives the gennaker more clear air
- Facilitates rapid gybing
- Always ready for quick extension
- Makes for fast and efficient gennaker handling
- Improves performance when gennaker sailing
- Can be fitted to most yachts
- Available in carbon or aluminium
Extendable gennaker bowsprit sold as a kit for deck mounting. Just fit the two stainless steel pad eyes to the deck in line with the bow bracket. The bracket is a stainless ring with a low friction polyamide inner lining through which the bowsprit slides into its “active” position. After the gennaker is doused, the bowsprit can slide back and be secured to the aft eye. If required, it can be quickly removed and stowed securely below. The gennaker tackline runs through the bowsprit, entering and leaving via well rounded holes, and then aft to the cockpit. An alternative is to fit an external tack block at the outboard end.
The kit includes:
- Aluminium or carbon bowsprit section
- Inboard end fitting with plunger
- Outboard end fitting
- 2 stainless steel pad eyes
Bow Brackets not included.
Shipping with the US
This product is available for a flat rate shipping fee of $30 if shipped with the Contintental USA.
Shipping will be calculated at checkout based on the destination for all Hawaii, Alaska or International orders.